Style Edit : Customizing The L.L. Bean Boat and Tote

Who has not owned a classic L. L. Bean Boat and Tote? It seems like there is one in everyone's closet. The hand sewn heavy canvas tote that literally lasts a lifetime. The famous company is located in Maine and has been producing these bags for 112 years!!

Last year, I was searching for the perfect travel carry on. I wanted something unique, sturdy and practical but it had to be attractive, of course. I discovered that L.L.Bean offered an all white version of their canvas tote. The white tote with white handles was the winner.. sold! I quickly learned that I could personalize it, not only with a simple monogram but I had 10 characters to be creative with. The next step was trying to figure out what to write on my tote. L.L.Bean charges $8 for adding a monogram and offers 10 characters to work with, 5 fonts choices, 50 thread colors, and does custom orders for business, weddings, parties etc. They also will let you design with more than 10 characters if you call and speak with customer service. The totes range in sizes S-XL and have a modest price range $39.95-$54.95. You can also choose your handle length (just get the longer length...trust me!) 

Being creative with the name of the bag is the fun part. Something serious, funny, cute or simply your name or initials. A few fun choices I have found: anxious, girlboss, unhinged, overthinker, mine, prada, gucci, wtf, hotmess, slay, needy, coolmom. 

  



My tote! Yes, I get a little fragile sometimes!!




Me and my XL tote always seem to make it through security!




My friend and chef
 Vera's Homemade 
uses her Large tote for tennis.

I love my XL tote for travel. It holds so much and with the top zipper stays secure through security and under the plane seat. Once I get to where I am going I can use it as a shopping tote or beach bag.

The price point is perfect for gift giving. Wedding or bridesmaids, cooperate gifts, new baby, college graduates etc..  A personalized gift where the possibilities are endless. You simply must have one for yourself and use this idea to gift someone else. 

Shop for this fabulously classic boat and tote and all of the other wonderful products on the website.

www.llbean.com


classic  L.L. Bean boat & tote label
















  
              

 

 
                                                                                        

Comments